I was thrilled this morning to discover I’d received this award from a fellow artist whom I greatly admire, Sarah Lynch. These blog awards are a lovely way for artists to show their appreciation of each others work and, at the same time, bring them to the attention of their friends. In accepting, there are a few rules; I must in turn nominate seven artists (with an internet presence) whose work I admire and then list seven of my favourite things. (Only 7?!! That’s an almost impossible task for a Libran!). Well, here goes:
With so many talented artist friends it is SO hard to narrow it down but seven artists who inspire me for a variety of reasons (among them their skill, passion, originality, humour and dedication) are:
And as for seven things I like:
1) First and foremost, my family, without whose love, patience, encouragment, and unfaltering belief in me (despite being biased – they are also my greatest critics!) I would never have found the confidence and been afforded the freedom to be able to do what I do.
2) London – the wonderful city that for half of my time, continues to surprise, inspire, educate (and sometimes, exasperate!) me and perpetuates my unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
3) Greece (namely the idyllic island of Skiathos, where I spend the other half of my life) for it’s sheer natural beauty that provides a constant source of inspiration, its wonderful, welcomimg people and its rich, modern day and classical culture.
4) The Arts (especially fine art, dance, music, theatre, literature and poetry) the rich fountain from which I continue to drink deep, indulging all my passions and creativity.
5) History – for my endless love affair and appreciation for all that’s gone before….
6) Solitude – for it allows me the freedom of space and time, to focus, think, take stock, recharge, revitalise, and find the inner harmony I need to be creative.
7) Rhubarb crumble and custard