I’m so thrilled to announce that PAINTING SKIATHOS has been awarded the prestigious ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ !
To accept, I must do three things:
1. Thank the person who nominated me.
2. Write 7 random facts about myself.
3. Nominate up to 15 other blogs for the Award.
So here goes…
Thank you so much AMANDA LEE for thinking my blog worth promoting and for all your kind words. I’m truly humbled and very much obliged!
(Please check out her wonderful blog: THE WOMEN ARCHIVE – Investigating women, femininity and much more within contemporary culture)
Here are 7 random facts about me:
1.I’m an avid reader – especially of poetry
2. I generally survive on 3 – 4 hours sleep a night
(AND NO I’M NOT GRUMPY IN THE MORNING!)
3. I’m passionate about the Arts but about democracy and fundamental human rights too
and I do actually care about my planet.
4. I speak Arabic (my husband of 35 years is Lebanese)
5. I’m a very proud mother of 2:
6. Maple Brazils and Liquorice Allsorts are my guilty pleasure
(but not necessarily together!)
7. I once went on a date with Julio Iglesias. We shared a ‘Lindy’s famous cheese cake’, in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
(but sorry, never did get a photo….so here’s one of my adorable and faithful friend Percy, instead):
And here are the blogs I nominate (in no particular order). Worthy recipients all, they’re mostly by fellow artists, writers and photographers, who not only give me hours of pleasure (and fill me with inspiration and admiration for their incredible talents!) but also provide constant encouragement, with their overwhelming kindness and generosity! This is my opportunity to say ‘Thank you!’ to them.
Please check them out:
Have a good winter and keep warm everyone! (and to my friends in the UK – keep dry!)